As we are home together, let us take a few moments in the week to grow in our knowledge of our faith so we can grow more deeply rooted in it and fall in love with our Lord. Resources directly associated with the February/March on-campus sessions for elementary, middle and high school youth. (Right click on video and it will give you the option to open in a new tab).
Please watch and discuss the following videos:
* Watch the video God's Story: Zacchaeus 3:11
* Watch the video God’s Story: Palm Sunday 2:47
Watch and discuss the video God’s Story: Palm Sunday 2:47
Watch and discuss the video Holy Week in Two Minutes, Busted Halo
Middle and High School with discussion questions
Watch the video on Palm Sunday. 4:02
Discussion questions for after the video:
1. If you were at the foot of the cross, would you say you were a follower of Jesus or would you deny knowing him? How about if someone asked you today?
2. Jesus took all our sins upon Him on the cross. How does that make you feel?
3. Jesus bore ALL sins of ALL people throughout ALL of time. What does that say about His love for you?
Read and Discuss
Read 1 John 1:8-10 (Use Bible or Bible App)
4. Do you know what “sin” means?
5. Is it possible for us to never sin? Why or why not?
6. What were some of the things you have done that may have made God unhappy?
7. What should we do when we sin?
8. How does God respond to our sins?
9. How do you think God wants us to respond when other people sin against us?
Each time we sin, doing something we know is wrong, we hurt our relationship with others and God. As Catholics, we can tangibly experience the forgiveness of God in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
Meditation: Allow your children to sit around the room. Dim the lights. Encourage them to listen to the words of the song that will play and to seriously surrender the things in their lives that keep them from putting God first in their lives. Have them think and pray about those things and then write them on paper to prepare for when they next go to reconciliation. Confession is on Wednesdays and Saturdays – please check website for times.
Song. - I Surrender - Hillsong
Sophia Press Monthly Resources:
- Fr. Mike Schmitz on Making a Good Confession
- FREE resources, eBooks on sale, a prayer for the pandemic, and more! at Ave Maria Press.
- Saint Mary's Press
- St. Mary's Press Kid' Liturgy (digital liturgy)
- Link: https://mlearn.smp.org; Username: [email protected]; Password: KidsLiturgy123! (DO NOT CHANGE PASSWORD - this is for everyone!)
- Catholic Sprouts
- Catholic Icing:
- Catholic Cuisine:
- Catholic Mom:
- Archdiocese of Atlanta: